Shanghai, Mainland China






(CBS News) NEW YORK While her best friend Paris Hilton cools her heels in the joint, Nicole Richie is hoping to stay on the outside.

"I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, of course," she said on CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman" Wednesday. "I'm scared also but I'm willing to face whatever consequences come my way and I take responsibility for what I've done."

The star of "The Simple Life" was charged with DUI in February. Police say she was under the influence of booze and an unspecified drug when they stopped her last year.
When asked if prison was a likelihood, Richie told Letterman, "Um, yeah."
Richie has a philosophy for facing up to her missteps.

"I really try and take everything that I go through as a life lesson," she said, "and I try not to make the same mistake twice."

0 Responses to “Nicole Richie Hoping Not To Join Hilton In Jail”

Post a Comment